DUG into XML status, no trans call for test3

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Wed Sep 6 18:05:14 UTC 2006

O/H Karsten Wade έγραψε:
> I made a unilateral decision at the end of last week that we were not
> going to push for making the DUG available for translation for test3.
>
> The main reason is that we want to be sure that what we have written is
> good for end-users before so much effort is put into translating it.
> The English phrase for this is, "We want it to be more baked."

Good decision.

Usually translators work on multiple projects (their distro, their desktop,
other favorite programs) and on a number of subprojects of each. Seeing a 100%
translated document receive an overhaul often is probably not the best thing for
them and hence, not for the project either.

This is one of the reasons I believe we should push the beat writers a bit more
to have their content not just filled in, but have it as ready as possible by
test3 or even test2. It's better to have strings not changing all the time and
large amounts of strings not filled in at the last minute.

-dim

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/