new Firefox/splash page for FC6?

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Sep 7 07:51:16 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-09-06 at 17:55 +0100, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> O/H Karsten Wade έγραψε:
> > If we move quickly, we can implement a new default Firefox homepage for
> > FC6.
> >
> > Let's make it a surprise!  We can only really improve on what we have,
> > so our risk is low.
> >
> > Dimitris -- are you available and interested in leading this?  If not,
> > any ideas who might want to do this?
>
> Yes, why not? We have a month for this, right?
>
> Karsten, can you give me some deadlines? When do we need it ready, how much time
> to give for testing/feedback/suggestions, etc.

How do these look:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Schedule#splash-page-schedule

We need to decide by this weekend what the changes are going to be,
mainly so we can get ahead on what has to move around in the
fedora-release-notes package.

> If there is no objection to push this for fc6, I'll start working on it from
> tomorrow night.

You've got the right idea, let's do it.

I put up the ideas and such that I gathered here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/FirefoxDefaultSplash

Feel free to use that for idea tracking and etc. :)

Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project