[fedora-java] FOP, gcj, classpath, oh my!

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Fri Sep 15 15:19:57 UTC 2006

O/H Tommy Reynolds έγραψε:
> Uttered Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com>, spake thus:
>
>> Tommy - is the barrier to having make run the Java tools the lack of
>> support in xmlto?  If we're this close, maybe we can get xmlto updated
>> in the devel tree (rawhide) right away.  Bonus would be if we could see
>> all of this pushed eventually into updates to FCs 5 and 6.
>
> Karsten,
>
> I've had XMLTO working with FOP, and producing PDF's, for quite a
> while now.  As Paul W Frields as pointed out, the PDF's look awful
> because we need work on the stylesheet.

I could try to work on the stylesheet. Are there any useful documents I should
take a look at to install the toolchain instead of googling it and stuff? Any
advices etc?

I guess the work on the graphics/stylesheets could be done with the proprietary
toolchain until the FOSS one works, right?

-dim

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/