Firefox splash page tracker

Robert 'Bob' Jensen docs-list at fedoralinks.org
Sat Sep 30 05:17:05 UTC 2006

Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Sep 2006, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
>> How will a hit counter tell us what types of users they are?
>
> It will tell us they're desktop users.
>
> --g

> Greg DeKoenigsberg || Fedora Project || fedoraproject.org
> Be an Ambassador || http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors

I can not support this idea, IMO it is to late in the release process to
work out all the logistics and potential problems in the time we have. I
feel that the potential problems and community repercussions will far
out weigh the minor benefits from a "half assed" attempt at getting to
know our user base.

If we have a vote in this I say "NO"

I feel that if we would like to gather information about our user base
we should think about the bigger picture and create a survey for the FC7
release. This may allow us to get real information and opinions from the
users with out the risk of offending anyone.

Bob

P.S. My opinions are mine alone and do not reflect the opinions of any
group I may be a part of.

--
Robert 'Bob' Jensen *        * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BobJensen
gpg fingerprint:     F9F4 7243 4243 0043 2C45 97AF E8A4 C3AE 42EB 0BC6