Re: DocsProject common entities -- problem with translations?

On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 22:45 +0200, Piotr 'Raven' Drąg wrote:

> Dimitris Glezos napisał(a):
> > Is there any language that would have a problem with this? One such problem
> > would be languages which change nouns ("Fedora") in different types of
> > sentences, for example:
> >
> >  * "This is Fedora"
> >  * "These features of Fedora"
> >  * "Burn Fedora on a CD"
> >

> In Polish it should be:
>
>  * "To jest Fedora"
>  * "Te funkcje Fedory"
>  * "Nagraj Fedorę na CD"
>
> > In greek we've left these untranslated and we won't have a problem. What about
> > other languages? Is everyone OK with this?
> >

> In Polish unchanged nouns look very bad and simply ugly. I don't think
> it's acceptable.

Same problem with Serbian. It is not only bad, but also grammatically
incorrect (leaving it untranslated might be ok for single word terms and
trademarks). It gets worse for multi-word expressions like Fedora
Documentation Project or Fedora Translation Project.

Cheers,
Igor