Re: Default Home Page Links

On Tue, 2007-04-17 at 09:01 -0700, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> This is already a feature of the F7 release.  Refer to this URL:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/7/Bookmarks
>
> Great idea no matter how many times it comes up!  Thanks to the way this
> package works, midstream updates should be possible if a site pops up
> that takes the community by storm.

I'm not sure if I get your read on Jonathan's idea.  Are you saying, as
I think Rahul did in a separate list, that this is already covered in
the default bookmarks?

If that is what you mean, the reason I asked Jonathan to bring it up
here is:

* We could really give attention to some sites we want to give a
marketing boost to

* We can remove them later, just draw attention to them for launch and a
while afterward

On the other side of the argument ...

* Do we want the homepage to become an advertising medium?  This seems a
step in that direction.  Maybe that is OK, maybe not ...

I think I like the idea, but I'm a bit concerned about people losing
faith in the homepage because it seems advertising v. informative.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project