Re: Fragmentation in Linux Documentation?

Hi,

>>> Maybe ... maybe we need to coordinate with other distros to put a common
>>> front-end on TLDP to allow us all to update it, and use it as a common
>>> docbase?

Has docbook something like ifdef ?

introdcution
theory
bladibladibla

#ifdef fedora
text text text
#idef ubuntu
text text text
#idef gentoo
text text text

blablabla

So a

make fedora

would produce the manuals in Fedora oder Ubuntu flavor ?

Another problem I hit several times is to keep various languages in
sync. If you don`t see excatly what changed in the original-document,
it`s near to impossible.

So keeping the documentation per chapter or even smaller in a cvs would
help.

cu romal