Excellent blog entry on documentation

John Babich jmbabich at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 08:37:24 UTC 2007

I think a lot of us in the Fedora Docs Project can agree with the
views expressed in Tom Adelson's blog at
http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1000273

Here's an excerpt:

"The Open Source community has so many developers, I find it
remarkable. But, projects where 98% of the volunteers develop leaves a
wide gap in documentation. You can have all the wikis you want, but if
people don't write in them, edit them, publish security problems and
instructions for installing and using applications, then those wikis
are useless."

The whole entry is worth reading, not as negative criticism, but as
food for thought..

John Babich
Volunteer, Fedora Docs Project