Enough

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Thu Dec 20 23:10:26 UTC 2007

Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-12-19 at 22:11 +1000, Malcolm Jacobson wrote:
>
>> Speaking strictly as an interested observer, can anyone explain why
>> Fedora Docs doesn't use the same license and sign up process as
>> Wikipedia?
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Copyrights
>>

> While we cannot use the GNU FDL as Wikipedia does (see below for
> background[1]), we certainly can allow a simpler process to get
> contributors on the wiki.  A click-through CLA (read, then click "OK, I
> agree") is sufficient, but not enabled in our version of Moin Moin.
>
> Resolving this should be a higher priority.  We're challenged by a
> release process not our own.
>
> Let's ask Mike (under a new thread) about what it would take to
> circumnavigate this.
>
> - Karsten
>
> [1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Licensing/FAQ
>

>> Cheers,
>>
>> Malcolm.
>>

>> John Babich wrote:
>>
>>> On Dec 19, 2007 2:07 PM, John Babich <jmbabich at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>

>>> Done. See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JohnBabich/SimplifyingOnboarding.
>>>

>>> Best Regards,
>>>
>>> John Babich
>>> Volunteer, Fedora Project
>>>

>> --

    All of this legal crap is too too much for me. I know it is
necessary but it appears I decided to join the group at the single worst
time. I expect the changes in the Documentation is so in progress it is
why the things I am trying to do don't work.

    To my understanding right now no-one is writing a thing. I tried to
join to write and feel good about improving things so you stop hearing
how poor the Fedora Help is.

    So I will just wait until it is possible to sign up in an hour.
Until then there will be few new writers.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User