Re: Comments on DUG update

On 2/4/07, John Babich <jmbabich gmail com> wrote:

3. On this page regarding "Communications",
    http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/DesktopUserGuide/Communications,
    I originally explained (in an admonition) that all IM accounts, with the
    exception of Jabber, had to be created beforehand according to each
    protocol provider. See http://gaim.sourceforge.net/faq.php#q15.
    If this has changed, let me know otherwise, but this is according to
    Gaim's official FAQ.

I stand corrected. It's still in there.

However, we may want to add the fact that a Jabber account can be created
inside of Gaim.  The others still require outside registration.

Thanks,

John Babich