Translation project

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 15:34:26 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-02-18 at 11:49 +0100, Josep Puigdemont wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been contributing to Fedora Project for quite a long time now, as a
> translator. Recently I've been wondering if, at some point, the Fedora
> Translation Project has been merged with the Documentation Project.
> I'm asking because I want to know if I should request to be added to the
> cvsdocs group or not, and if I am actually elligable to be in it. Also
> if I should send another introduction (I already did back in... uh 2003
> I think ;-)
>
> Thanks!

The Fedora Translation (L10N) and Documentation projects have *not* been
merged.  But we are trying to work more closely with them.  That's a
longer discussion than you need in this thread, though! :-)

Translators are *definitely* eligible for cvsdocs membership.  As for a
self-introduction, I only found this:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2003-November/msg00156.html

I heard Karsten making some insightful noise the other day about our
lackluster model for CVS sponsorship.  We haven't really seen any
benefits from the idea, and it may be time to reconsider.

That may not really affect you, Josep, other than that you will want to
go ahead and do a "genuine" self-introduction¹ (just to fulfill the
project requirements), and then we can get you access.  If you're
comfortable with CVS, you will have no problem at all translating
directly from our files.  You will probably want to be subscribed to the
"fedora-docs-commits" mailing list so that you know when guides you care
about are updated.

= = =
¹ http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/SelfIntroduction