HOWTO for Live CD in the Fedora Project wiki

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 14:55:45 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-01-14 at 15:43 +0300, John Babich wrote:
> David Zeuthen and the Live CD Team:
>
> I think it would help promote the Fedora Live CD efforts if there was
> a HOWTO (based on the README) which could be easily referenced
> and updated as needed in the Fedora Project wiki.
>
> In order to do this, I converted the README for the Live CD Tools into
> a formatted wiki entry under my sandbox,
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JohnBabich/Sandbox/LiveCDHowTo.
>
> I would like to move it to
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD/LiveCDHowTo.
>
> I am willing to track changes in the Live CD process and update the wiki
> accordingly. Please let me know if you agree and I will link the HOWTO
> under the FedoraLiveCD entry and take responsibility to keep it up-to-date.
>
> John Babich
> Volunteer, Fedora Docs Project

Great work, John.  if the LiveCD folks need SCM-maintained
documentation, perhaps a good compromise would be using Docs CVS.  I'm
not sure that's a great solution, but it's certainly available.

This is the kind of situation that we had envisioned Plone solving --
documents could be registered in any of a variety of SCMs, edited
through the Web interface, stored appropriately in the back end as
DocBook XML, and converted to other formats as needed.  Our vision
hasn't yet resulted in anyone stepping up to do that work (which is, in
all honesty, a substantial project), but Karsten just presented this as
one of the issues at the recent Board meeting¹.

¹ http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/Meetings/2007-01-09