Introduction: David Douthitt

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 13:15:47 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-01-06 at 21:01 -0600, David Douthitt wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am David Douthitt, a UNIX System Administrator living in Beloit,
> Wisconsin, USA - just south of Madison, the capital city.  I've
> experience with a variety of Linux and UNIX variants on a variety of
> platforms.  Most relevant to Fedora is my experiences with Red Hat Linux
> (since version 4), CentOS, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
>
> I've also helped with other documentation needs, including documentation
> in the CFEngine project and also in Wikipedia (mostly a lot of
> proofreading).  I've also written and published a book recently (about
> advanced system administration), and am about to release another (a
> guide to GNU Screen).
>
> I've also just signed up for the Fedora Infrastructure Project.  I'll
> contribute here as time permits, and am always willing to write
> something as desired.
>
> I also have a basic knowledge of French (though not of technical French).

Welcome David!  I am eagerly looking forward to your GNU screen
book. :-)  Feel free to look at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/NewWriters for help getting
started, or drop an email here.  We hang around FreeNode IRC
#fedora-docs pretty much around the clock, too.  (Stay camped for best
results, as people may not always be in a position to answer in
realtime.)  It's probably a good idea to take a look at the recent
archives (last 2 months?) to see what we've been working on lately,
especially the newer guides on the wiki.