Self Introduction - Where Do I Start?

Sam Folk-Williams samfw at redhat.com
Fri Jul 13 12:59:53 UTC 2007

Mustafa Qasim wrote:
> Hello to all folks there ...well Mustafa here from Pakistan. I am doing my
> Bachelor's in software engineering right now. I started using Linux a year
> ago when I did a system and network administration course on RHL 9. After
> that I didn't got any chance to do something more with Linux. After that I
> get familiarized with the Open Source theory and truly I loved it, so
> that's
> y I chose JAVA for jumping into professional programming career INSTEAD of
> '.NET' bcoz i want to move on further with Linux.
>
> I m using FC 6 right now n when I came here I loved to c u all doing great
> work here. I would also like to be a part of FC community but didn't know
> where to start. I would love to work on Fedora documentation OR
> internationalization project for URDU language support in Fedora but as
> being a newbie at town I didn't know that how much knowledge is required to
> get on work in a particular project.
>
> I will love to hear whatever you have to share for me. I will be more then
> happy to get advice or comments or suggestions from u folks there. :)

Mustafa,

Not sure if you got a reply on some of those other lists or not.
Welcome! Glad to see you are interesting in contributing. To start with
the docs team, why don't you take a look through this page:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Join?action=show

For Internationalization, see here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/I18N/Join

Each team (docs, ambassadors, maintainers, infrastructure) has different
ways of getting involved. Everyone depends to some extent on people
finding something they are interested in and jumping in!

Sam