FDSCo Meeting 2007-07-31 Summary

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Jul 31 20:37:07 UTC 2007

Attendees:
-----------
Robert 'Bob' Jensen (EvilBob)
John Babich (jmbuser)
Karsten Wade (quaid)
Ville-Pekka Vainio (vpv)

* Confirmed that we silently ratified daMaestro's proposed Doc
Publication System workflow
  * Man/info Wiki editor project
      * Full conversions from man and info source are working with only
        a few bugs
      * f-docs-l is available for testing when vpv is ready
      * Full details:
        http://vpv.kapsi.fi/blog/2007/07/30/weekly-report-week-30/
  * Do we need a steering committee?
      * Karsten raised this question, pointing at the success of Fedora
        Infrastructure, and to ongoing complaints of "too much
        bureaucracy"; is FDSCo getting in the way of getting things
        done?
      * OTOH, a project like Docs needs identifiable and accountable
        leaders, especially to help newer contributors join Fedora.
      * Open discussion topic; can reconsider value of FDSCo as we
        proceed
  * FDSCo Election
      * Missed original schedule by 11 days
      * Bob taking the task of reworking the schedule and sending out
        the new content; roughly two week bump in schedule expected
  * Various Guides
      * More work on list, keep people involved
      * Karsten to send a reminder that help is here, don't hesitate to
        ask
  * Release Notes Beats
      * Bob working to flush the beats
      * Need to make sure documentation on *how* to convert Wiki2XML is
        available for all
              * Make sure we aren't abusing Paul
  * Virtual FUDCon
      * Discussion on list about what to do
      * Just add our session to the list on the Wiki, wrangle with Jef