SELinux content (was BTW Guys)

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Jun 12 18:26:04 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-11 at 13:05 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:

> Dan -- we don't have anyone maintaining a canonical SELinux FAQ.

I wrote up a better set of questions for Dan, and communicated it
directly.  He is recommending that we point upstream
(selinuxproject.org) to a "What Makes Fedora Different?" page.  (See
below for that thread.)

Personally, I'm not sure.  I think having Fedora-specific how-to
information should live *here*, referring to the upstream as the overall
source for FAQs and such.

But then it needs to be maintained here.  And someone has to take all of
Dan Walsh's blog entries, and some of James Morris's, etc., and include
them, etc.

One thing we can try is to take the latest content from the SELinux FAQ
(FC5) and put it at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SELinux/FAQ.  I
hesitate to do it, but we could redirect all of docs.fp.o/selinux-faq.*
to that page.  That would peel off 10% of docs.fp.o traffic to the Wiki,
but it's all the same hardware right now so the load difference may not
matter to anyone.

Then at least there would be a fighting chance for it to be updated ...

--
   Karsten Wade, 108 Editor       ^     Fedora Documentation Project