guide writers, fill out your tasks

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Jun 20 23:18:32 UTC 2007

This page now has a number of stub pages:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Tasks

For every guide we are working on, there needs to be three to ten tasks
that a newer contributor can work on.  Work on right away.

For example:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Tasks/ReleaseNotes

I threw in a few things that I thought contributors of different levels
of experience would be able to do to help get the update of
`fedora-release-notes` out.

If there is a stub page missing, add it.  Then fill it in. ;-)

If you want to take on a task that is a single person item, so can come
off the page, move it to a new sub-page named after the task.  Then use
that to keep notes on the work as you do it.  For example, the person
who helps build `fedora-release-notes` creates:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Tasks/ReleaseNotes/fedora-release-notes-Push

You'll note there is a long table on that page.  The content from table
needs to migrate into the other pages or become active tasks underneath
a Tasks/Foo page.  You might note that doing this job is an open task on
this page:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Tasks/ProjectManagement

"But Karsten," you say, "The DocsProject/Tasks page still looks scary!"

Yep, it does.  But once we get a good list of tasks, we can do something
like:

* Select a bunch of tasks to randomly highlight on the *top* of the
page, with "More below..." that links to the master list.

* Use some Wiki randomness to pull in a DP/Tasks/Foo page, so with every
load it highlights a different area of tasks to do, with a "More
below..." link

Kids, I'm making this up as I go.  Please help make it better.  Note
that is _also_ a task in DP/Tasks/ProjectManagement. :)

   Karsten Wade, 108 Editor       ^     Fedora Documentation Project