rpm guide

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 12:49:43 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 03:16 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 11:05 +0530, jose manimala wrote:
> > Ok as on the tasks page, i will move the rpm guide to a new page stub
> > with the docs template in mind. i will take over as maintainer for it.
> > But i saw a mail corresponding to an order in which tasks are to be
> > completed: do i go according to that or should i move the rpm guide to
> > a new page... i require guidence here.
>
> Go ahead and start writing up some tasks here:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Tasks/RPMGuide?action=edit&template=DocsTaskListTemplate
>
> As for the order of completion, this is related but different.  We are
> suggesting that *all* writers/editors in this project work to get each
> guide completed, one at a time.   I.e., in serial not in parallel.
>
> Of course, some work happens in parallel, but our "push to publish" is
> one guide at a time.
>
> This is a suggestion, optional, etc., but it might be a good way for us
> to get next versions published.

As we get these guides finished, we'll also be transitioning them to CVS
and XML, meaning we can have members of the whole group take just a
small number of chapters to convert to DocBook XML.  This gives everyone
a chance to learn how to use it, and CVS.  I put a little more
information up this morning on the wiki concerning DocBook:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/DocBook