Again, DocBook Visions

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 13:39:51 UTC 2007

If you're a Fedora Documentation Project contributor, or you want to be,
this message is for you.

We keep a lot of our work -- the really good stuff -- in DocBook XML in
a CVS source code repository.  Learning to use it is pretty easy, but if
you're not a hardcore geek, it can be scary getting stared.  (I know, I
was scared of it when I started too.)

This morning I updated http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/DocBook
to point to our example tutorial, a sort of "show and tell" device for
learning DocBook XML.  It has long segments of explanatory text that
tell you how to get started using DocBook.

http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/example-tutorial/en_US/example-tutorial2.xml?root=docs&view=markup

If you've never used DocBook, or only used it a little, and want to be a
powerful contributor to the project, this tutorial may help!

It would be great if all new contributors would check out the tutorial
through the link above.  Read it, and feel free to ask questions here or
on IRC (irc.freenode.net) at #fedora-docs.

I'd also appreciate feedback if you feel something's missing or
confusing.  You can even be a superstar and file a bug at
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/ under Fedora Documentation =>
example-tutorial.