h1 in Wiki

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Fri Mar 2 15:33:14 UTC 2007

O/H Karsten Wade έγραψε:
> I've lost track of what we want to appear as a primary header (h1) on a
> Wiki page.  That is, we sometimes use this:
>
> {{{#!html
> <h2>Page Title</h2>}}}
>
> Is this strictly for visual affect?

The above is the same as `== Page Title ==`, so we could just strip the
obfuscation and use the syntax.

After `<title>`, `<h1>` is the most important heading. On the wiki, I believe
the correct way to use it would be a title-style description of the page.
Something like a more decriptive of the pagename. For example:

  /DocsProject

has:

  = The Documentation Project =

In general, only one h1 should exist on a page, unless the page contents are so
disorganized that cannot fit under one category. This does not apply to our wiki
though (we just split the page in two if this happens).

> In the case of the Docs/Beats, I think we need to stick to a strict
> usage of each page having only one h1 and all other content being a sub:
>
> = Page Title =
>
> == A Section ==

Correct.

The way I see best a wiki page to be structured is shown below. Of course, Beats
don't have a TOC or breadcrumbs.

> You are here:  Home >  Foo >  Bar<
>
> = Page title similar to page name =
>
> Some text describing the page. No more than 3 paragraphs, no less than one.
>
> [TableOfContents]
>
> == Foo section ==
>
> Text that describes/introduces the content of Foo section.
>
> === Subsection ===

> ----
> CategoryFoo

-d