DocsProject wikispace reorganization [RFC]

Bart Couvreur couf at skynet.be
Fri Mar 2 18:58:13 UTC 2007

Hey *,

in spite of the recent "Docs Project Structure" mail, I've been trying
to get my head around the wiki-space we own.

People who want to see how - should I call it unorganized? - our
project's pages are, go to the DocsProject page and add anything to the
url that doesn't exist, it'll give you a list of all pages beneath
DocsProject/ (e.g. fp.o/wiki/DocsProject/foo)

So here's a reorganization proposal:

DocsProject/
 |-- Join
 |    |--Writer
 |    |--Editor
 |    \--Translator
 |-- Goals / Mission
 |-- Schedule
 |    \--some pages with details (e.g. specific schedules on DUG, IG)
 |-- Tasks (considering all FDP related tasks and processes)
 |    |--Guides
 |    |--Relnotes
 |    |--Browser splash page
 |    |--Plone
 |    |--Ideas-page
 |    \--Release announcement (not sure if we should do this)
 |-- FDSCo (or steering committee)
 |    |--Charter
 |    |--Meeting minutes
 |    |--Elections
 |    |--Nominations
 |    \--Task Schedule
 \-- Workflow
      |--Docbook (how to write + intro)
      |--CVS (usage)
      |--Wiki (how to write)
      |--Publishing (web, PDF?)
      \--Tools

And some general ideas:
a) Create a default template for all Docs-related pages on the wiki
(breadcrumb, default header, ...) to create a common look-and-feel
b) Move everything in /Docs/Drafts to DocsProject/Drafts so users know
that everything in /Docs is published documentation.

As I said, it's all just an idea / proposal. Comments?

Bart

- --
Bart <couf at fedoraproject.org> <couf at skynet.be>
key fingerprint: 6AAB 544D 3432 D013 776D  3602 ADB6 6B2A D93F 0F93