DocsProject wikispace reorganization [RFC]

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Fri Mar 2 20:37:25 UTC 2007

O/H Bart Couvreur έγραψε:
> Hey *,
>
> in spite of the recent "Docs Project Structure" mail, I've been trying
> to get my head around the wiki-space we own.
>
> People who want to see how - should I call it unorganized? - our
> project's pages are, go to the DocsProject page and add anything to the
> url that doesn't exist, it'll give you a list of all pages beneath
> DocsProject/ (e.g. fp.o/wiki/DocsProject/foo)
>
> So here's a reorganization proposal:
>
> DocsProject/
>  |-- Join
>  |    |--Writer
>  |    |--Editor
>  |    \--Translator
>  |-- Goals / Mission
>  |-- Schedule
>  |    \--some pages with details (e.g. specific schedules on DUG, IG)
>  |-- Tasks (considering all FDP related tasks and processes)
>  |    |--Guides
>  |    |--Relnotes
>  |    |--Browser splash page
>  |    |--Plone
>  |    |--Ideas-page
>  |    \--Release announcement (not sure if we should do this)
>  |-- FDSCo (or steering committee)
>  |    |--Charter
>  |    |--Meeting minutes
>  |    |--Elections
>  |    |--Nominations
>  |    \--Task Schedule
>  \-- Workflow
>       |--Docbook (how to write + intro)
>       |--CVS (usage)
>       |--Wiki (how to write)
>       |--Publishing (web, PDF?)
>       \--Tools

Seems like a good idea. Would require some work though: pages renamed and
`#REDIRECT` statements put in the old ones, making sure links are changed etc.
Take a look at the FUDCon Boston brainstorming [1] page and the recent Artwork
Team page redesign process [2].

  [1]: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites/MainPageRedesign2007
  [2]: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ArtTeam

Some other suggestions:

  * Add "Various" for misc stuff
  * Rename Schedule to Roadmap?
  * Add a "Requests" page, as in RFE/bugs.

> And some general ideas:
> a) Create a default template for all Docs-related pages on the wiki
> (breadcrumb, default header, ...) to create a common look-and-feel

This is something me and Mairin were talking about: introduce page templates in
various parts of the wiki. It would be a good idea to

> b) Move everything in /Docs/Drafts to DocsProject/Drafts so users know
> that everything in /Docs is published documentation.

Not sure this is worth the effort. :/

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos