Self-Introduction / Fedora Translation Project

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Mar 9 22:44:17 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 15:09 +0100, John Charron wrote:
> Self-Introduction: John Charron - Fedora Translation Project

Hola John,

> Linux and Fedora are relatively new to me and so is ICT. As
> translator, I don't yet know what aspects of the Fedora Project would
> interest me most. Although the translation of material related to my
> areas of specialization interests me (programs for amateur and
> professional musicians, electronic dictionaries, translation software,
> applications for foreign language training, etc.), I would also be
> interested in translating more technical documentation on various
> ICT-related topics. I will be studying computer science at the local
> university here in Montpellier from September 2007 and would like my
> work for the project to be both a contribution and a learning
> experience.

Excellent; you are starting in a good place within Fedora.  From here
you'll be able to see into many places and decide what else is
interesting to you.

You may want to look into fedora-music-list; it's been mainly technical
about e.g. Planet CCRMA.  One great thing about free software is how
many people have talents and interests in other areas.  Always dynamic
people doing interesting things!

> I am looking forward to participating in the Fedora Translation
> Project and eager to becoming more involved in the Fedora community!

Welcome!

> P.S. - I need cvsdocs membership approval (see below) and may need
> some help getting started as well. Many thanks.

Done.  Thanks for the reminder, it sometimes takes us a while to notice
people's requests.

You'll also want to request access to the new 'cvsl10n' group; we are
currently working on bringing documentation translation back into the
Fedora infrastructure.  Keep your eyes open here and on
fedora-trans-list for more details.

Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project