Updated release notes for Fedora 7

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon May 7 23:56:13 UTC 2007

> Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-05-08 at 03:18 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> There has been a number of important changes to the release notes made
> >> after the translation freeze for various reasons and we need to make
> >> sure we push an update.
> >
> > Some of the most important changes were imported to the POT several days
> > ago so the translators could work on them.  They will be included in the
> > ISO spin.  You can see the actual content at:
> >
> > http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/release-notes/devel/en_US/?root=docs
>
> That reminds me, what happened to the rawhide docs idea?

A good idea but nobody had the time or inclination to make it work.  It
worked sporadically for a while but build problems brought the scripting
down IIRC.  Contributions still gratefully accepted but we probably need
a new host to make it work.  If we had more people actively working in
the project it would be nice for this to work, but personally I don't
see it as a priority.

> > Yes, this should be easy enough, but it is highly dependent on the
> > translation teams.
>
> I think we should do async release for the errata and let translators
> catch up when they can.

Since this is a packaged product, certainly we can post work to the web
as it's finished, but I would prefer not to do a zero day update without
the translations; that would be a regression.  The good news is that the
differences should be small enough that the translators can hopefully
not have any problem getting their pieces done quickly.