FDSCo Meeting 2007-05-15 Summary

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sun May 20 18:24:21 UTC 2007

Attendees:
-----------
= FDSCo =
Bart Couvreur (couf)
Paul W. Frields (stickster)
Karsten Wade (quaid)
Bob Jensen (EvilBob)
John Babich (jmbuser)

= Peanut Gallery =
Guillermo Gomez (gomix)

* Translation of release notes and related files that comprise the
fedora-release-notes package are essentially complete:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Translation/Statistics

* No additional items were added to the release notes, we'll be relying
upon the Web-only version

* Each XML page of the release notes is going to have a copy of the
admonition to refer to the Web-based notes for the latest information.
Annoying, but with deep-linking and such, it makes sure people know
about those Web-only notes.  This will be on substantive pages, not e.g.
Colophon.xml

* PackageChanges content is going to be on the Wiki only, so is removed
from the packaged notes

* Installation Guide (IG) on schedule for translation drop and release:

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Schedule#Guides

* Translations of the guides are released on a rolling basis -- when
done, they are published.  This is different from e.g. the release
notes, which need to ship with the ISO.  When a translation is
completed, the translator posts a note on the publish page:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/PublishQueue

* Target content for F7 release is:  release notes (and related bits)
and the Installation Guide.  We are pushing to release the English
version of the guides

* The PublishQueue needs to make it into the Translation Quick Start
Guide:

http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/198848

... at least until we have a new method in the middle of this summer :)