REQUEST: specific narrow focus list for my participation

George (Skip) VerDuin verduin at ameritech.net
Tue May 22 21:29:57 UTC 2007

Thanks for the kind reply Karsten.

On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 03:42 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-05-09 at 14:59 +0000, George (Skip) VerDuin wrote:
>

> The way you describe it, it sounds more like a bug.  Is there any reason
> not to file a bug report on it?
Yes - incomplete understanding that my research has not yet resolved.
It is equally (more?) likely I missed a step in configuration as it is
there is a bug, and I am facing a topic that seems to be very little
published.  Admittedly I have not read the appropriate RFCs.

Please appreciate my use of the alias feature is based on verbal (plus
email) exchange with a network pro using the same feature on another
linux variety without error in his install - and he is stumped.  My real
problem is lack of reading material to check the details of my
configuration.

So yes I hesitate to call this error a bug until I can read this
material - and it seems as though the admin doc is the place I *should*
find it?  I don't see bugzilla as an aid to education...

> Search for a similar report:
>
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/query.cgi?format=simple
>
> And/or file a report on the 'net-tools' package that
> provides /sbin/ifconfig:
Did the search - could not get a hit.

> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fedora%20Core
>
> If it does turn out to need a mention in the documentation, then it
> would belong here somewhere:
Searched the text - could not get a hit again.

> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/AdministrationGuide
>
> thx - Karsten
I am adding a search for the RFCs that apply as well as scouring Linux
doc project as well as RedHat doc until I can qualify my configuration.
After that I'll pull together what I can and suggest added material for
the admin guide you point out.  Thanks again for your reply - chat
later...