Self Introduction : Dan O'Brien

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 22:07:35 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-21 at 13:34 -0500, Dan O'Brien wrote:
> Full Name: Dan O'Brien
> Location: New York, USA
> Profession: Systems Administrator
> Company: Xanboo, Inc.
>
>     * Your goals in the Fedora Project
>           o What do you want to write about? I'd like to help out
>             wherever I can.
>           o What other documentation do you want to see published? I'd
>             like to see some documents geared towards people just
>             getting started in Linux, or for people trying to make the
>             switch from Windows to Linux.
>     * Historical qualifications
>           o What other projects or writing have you worked on in the
>             past?  I started a website (new2linux.com) dedicated to
>             helping people get started in Linux (albeit, i've spent more
>             time getting the web application working than getting
>             articles posted on it).
>           o What level and type of computer skills do you have?
>             Intermediate / Moderate. I've been running Linux since
>             RedHat 7, dedicated Linux user for 2 1/2 - 3 years now.
>           o What makes you an excellent match for the project? I have a
>             general desire to help people get started in Linux and help
>             them in any way possible.

You've come to the right place, Dan!  It never hurts to have experience
putting up a Web site of your own, but you can also have some very
immediate impact by helping John Babich out with the Desktop User Guide,
or Bart Couvreur with the Administration Guide.

I'd like to remind everyone to reach out for these folks using the
fedora-docs-list here, rather than emailing privately.  Fedora is a
project that takes openness and transparency very seriously, and it's
also very helpful (and empowering!) for lurking readers to see your
conversation, issues, problems, and answers.

Please let us know if you have any quesetions.  You'll find a lot of
what you need at:  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Join

           Fedora Project: http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/