Re: SIGs, projects, and leadership

Karsten Wade said the following on 11/21/2007 11:25 AM Pacific Time:
On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 09:04 +0900, Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:

Can we have a calender to plan stuff similar to how packaging has a
target of what needs to be done.  The only difference for us is that we
are dependent on other people in some parts of the docs areas.  Plus a
lot of the stuff that is created is a revolving calender.

Yes, it's the project management where we are suffering over the years.
To be honest, I'm not as passionate about PM work, so I don't prioritize
it over other (fun!) stuff.

Let's appeal to John Poelstra to work with us.

Appeal accepted.  Glad to help however I can :)

Is there anyone here who is interested in PM work, scheduling, and the
like?  We could work with John to make up a Docs schedule that ties into
the overall schedule (like as a module).

I just finished creating one (link posted in a separate thread) based on help from Paul F understanding the durations and other behind the scenes stuff which I think is better reflected in the schedule now--instead of a single milestone the incremental steps that lead up to it are also listed.
John