admin guide contributions

Bart Couvreur couf at skynet.be
Mon Oct 8 04:45:17 UTC 2007

Op maandag 08-10-2007 om 10:52 uur [tijdzone +1000], schreef Murray
McAllister:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have just joined the Fedora Docs project and have been browsing the
> task list. I've just started my new job at red hat so lately I haven't
> had a lot of free time. I was wondering if perhaps I would be able to
> contribute a section or two to the admin guide. I thought I could
> start with something small; I was thinking a section on setting up
> basic network settings (ip address, dns, hostname etc) using command
> line tools and system-config-network. Last year I did quite a bit of
> research and wrote a paper on BIND - maybe I can contribute that into
> here as well...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Murray.

Hi Murray,

as Rahul mentioned: go for it!

We will start drafting the Admin guide in
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/AdministrationGuide , just add
a subpage there or use a current page to add info. If you want to tackle
any other topic that tends to be administration-al, just go for it.

I'm gonna try to spit out the current topic list and get it somewhat
more defined this week.

Thanks

Bart

PS: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/WritingUsingTheWiki might
be useful as a reference

--
Bart <couf at fedoraproject.org> <couf at skynet.be>
key fingerprint: 6AAB 544D 3432 D013 776D  3602 ADB6 6B2A D93F 0F93