Re: Images on installation guide

On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 12:48 -0400, Mike Dittmeier wrote:

> easy enough to do. I have included images in several of my own docs,
> and the documentation guide covers the use of images and figures.

Yeah, understood, but please see my other reply; there are many good
reasons to not have screenshots and no good reason to have them. :)

> If you have access to vmware workstation (demo even) it allows for
> nice screen shoots of the install process. You can even create
> videos...

Or, if you have Fedora :), you can use one of the virtualization options
(Xen, KVM, Qemu).

We *really* would benefit from screencasts, even though they are harder
to maintain and localize.  Good for install, also good for helping new
people to contribute, etc.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.