Images on installation guide

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Oct 23 17:01:57 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 12:48 -0400, Mike Dittmeier wrote:

> easy enough to do. I have included images in several of my own docs,
> and the documentation guide covers the use of images and figures.

Yeah, understood, but please see my other reply; there are many good
reasons to not have screenshots and no good reason to have them. :)

> If you have access to vmware workstation (demo even) it allows for
> nice screen shoots of the install process. You can even create
> videos...

Or, if you have Fedora :), you can use one of the virtualization options
(Xen, KVM, Qemu).

We *really* would benefit from screencasts, even though they are harder
to maintain and localize.  Good for install, also good for helping new
people to contribute, etc.

Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41