Re: Administration-Guide

Op dinsdag 23-10-2007 om 19:20 uur [tijdzone -0700], schreef Karsten
Wade:
> On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 15:19 -0400, Mike Dittmeier wrote:
> > Ok,
> >
> > I'll blame my lack of progress on being the new kid on the block. I am
> > trying to checkout the existing Administration-guide project from cvs,
> > and finding that there is only an empty shell of a project there as
> > well as the administration-guide-devel project. Am I checking out the
> > wrong project, or are we just starting this project?
>
> That is a shell, IIRC; it is an in-progress conversion that is probably
> best to start from (near) scratch.  Not sure, Bart may have some useful
> parts in his sandbox.

Well for the moment we're working on the wiki in
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/AdministrationGuide

Once we've got an initial version there, we should convert to Docbook
and see how we want to continue: in the wiki proting stuff to docbook
<-> in docbook itself

> The exact workflow is ironically missing from here:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/WorkFlow
>
> I'm going to add in a stub.  What is needed is for ...
>
> Bart: can you publish your notes on wiki => xml conversion?

Dammit, why oh why haven't I done this before. Oh well I'll get them up
today or tomorrow as time permits (some small stuff still needs to be
added in)

> Then we can wrap that into a proper how-to and ref. it from the workflow
> page.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/WorkFlow#WikitoDocBookXML

Heh yeah, that should be the right place.

> - Karsten

Bart

--
Bart <couf fedoraproject org> <couf skynet be>
key fingerprint: 6AAB 544D 3432 D013 776D  3602 ADB6 6B2A D93F 0F93