What is more important at this time?

Mike Dittmeier mike at vegasitpros.com
Tue Oct 30 03:47:25 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-29 at 19:14 +0300, John Babich wrote:

> On 10/29/07, Davidson Rodrigues Paulo <davidsonpaulo at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2007/10/29, Mike Dittmeier <mike at vegasitpros.com>:
> > >  What is more important at this time?
> > >
> > >  Desktop User Guide
> > >  Administration Guide
> >
> > I think Desktop User Guide is more important because it's focused on
> > end users, that need more help and instructions than system
> > administrators...
> >
> > --
>
> As the lead writer of the Desktop User Guide, I definitely agree. :-)
>
> Seriously, there are people actively working on the Administration
> Guide. The DUG could definitely use some more attention.
>
> What section would you like to work on?
>
> Any contribution you make would be appreciated.
>
> Is the DUG outline useful or should I refine it a bit more?
>
> If you have any questions, please let me know.
>
> John Babich
> Volunteer, Fedora Docs Project

Sorry for the delay in replay, work was... Work! I'll take a look at the
docs in the am and see where I can start. I take it we can just start at
one end and work our way through?

I did notice we have a quick start guide as well. Is the a plan to
combine these? Seems to me it would be easier to maintain:

      * Release notes
      * Install Guide
      * Fedora Users Guide
      * Fedora Administration Guide

Especially if we want to target for packaging in F9. To update and
complete these guides will take a good chunk a dedication over the next
5 months to revise and complete before F9.

Sorry for (probably) over stating the obvious.

Mike "Ditt" Dittmeier, RHCE
mike at vegasitpros.com

pub   1024D/3F08ECFB 2007-09-11 [expires: 2008-09-10]
      Key fingerprint = 8396 9850 E308 4EFF 1A22  6C5A 4FF5 DF6C 3F08
ECFB
uid                  Mike Dittmeier (Just "Ditt" to my friends)
<mike at vegasitpros.com>
sub   2048g/1E6E4DBD 2007-09-11 [expires: 2008-09-10]