Self Introduction: Mike "Ditt" Dittmeier

Mike Dittmeier mike at vegasitpros.com
Tue Sep 11 13:24:48 UTC 2007

    * Mike "Ditt" Dittmeier
    * Weston, FL, USA
    * Director of IT Project Management
    * Spirit Airlines, Inc.
    * I'm looking forward to creating user and admin guides, that deal
with the individual services usable by small businesses and independent
IT consultants. My ultimate goal is to produce a "Cook Book" style guide
for building a small business server from scratch.

    * Historical qualifications
          o I have been producing documentation for customers and IT
Staff for the past 15 years. Examples include end user training for
using new or updated systems, and even installation and troubleshooting
guides for data center staff to be able to reproduce an entire
collocation facility.
          o My primary skills have been in the IT Operations side:
		Networking
		Server installs and support
		Application install and support
		Monitoring systems
		Automation

I have implemented source control programs, bug tracking systems, and
even ticketing systems for use with Network Operations Center(NOC) issue
tracking. I have assisted Quality Assurance(QA) teams by installing and
configuring Load test systems (Mercury Test Suite) for evaluation system
performance and application tuning.
My primary job now days include supervising and creating direction for
the IT Project Management staff. This has required many hours in a
classroom teaching my staff and the rest of IT principles of IT Project
life cycles, change control management.

I have in the last few years begun learning to program using LAMP
technologies (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP).
          o Skills? Certifications I have had throughout my career so
far include MCSE, RHCE, and CCNA. I am currently working on my Project
Management Professional(PMP), and RHEL5 RHCE track. I also love building
PHP and MySQL applications.
          o What makes you an excellent match for the project? My love
for Open Source Solutions, and love for documenting repeatable
processes. Just plain PASSION!!!
    * pub   1024D/3F08ECFB 2007-09-11 [expires: 2008-09-10]
      Key fingerprint = 8396 9850 E308 4EFF 1A22  6C5A 4FF5 DF6C 3F08
ECFB
uid                  Mike Dittmeier (Just "Ditt" to my friends)
<mike at vegasitpros.com>
sub   2048g/1E6E4DBD 2007-09-11 [expires: 2008-09-10]

Mike "Ditt" Dittmeier