Self Introduction: Mike "Ditt" Dittmeier

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 15:06:11 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-11 at 17:49 +0300, John Babich wrote:
> Mike:
>
> Welcome to the Fedora Docs Project!
>
> There is a steering committee meeting scheduled for today at 1600
> hours GMT on the Freenode IRC network on the #fedora-docs channel.
>
> Feel free to stop by around that time and introduce yourself.
>
> I have been involved in producing the Desktop Users Guide and, quite
> frankly, became overwhelmed with the wealth of choices available with
> Fedora 7.

I for one appreciate your honesty here.  This is why I think it's a good
idea to have the Fedora (D)UG concentrate for now on solutions using
only the default installation case, and avoid repeating material already
found in the GNOME Desktop User Guide (which you will find on your
system on the entry screen of the Help browser).  The more duplication
of effort writers can avoid, the faster the work will go and the more
likely they will actually achieve the goal of finishing the guide.

> I am giving it another go with the Fedora 8 release and welcome your
> help.
>
> Please keep in touch and let me know any way I can help you get
> started.

I helped Mike a little with his CVS access a bit earlier this morning
but asked that he bring issues here to the list.  We need to spur some
activity and he may end up helping other lurkers get their unstated
questions answered.  Nice to meet you Mike!