Release Notes for F8 - first POT drop

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 11:29:42 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 14:51 +1000, Noriko Mizumoto wrote:
> Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > Greetings L10N folk!
> >
> > Due to scarce personnel resources we are running a couple of days behind
> > our schedule[1] for the Docs Project.  However, I am getting the Release
> > Notes ready for a POT drop today.  Although the schedule currently has a
> > "deadline" of 23 September, we will be extending this until about 26
> > September (2007-09-26).
> >
> > However, please keep in mind that your team does *NOT* need to complete
> > ALL work by that date.  Due to last-minute bug fixes and other errata,
> > you can expect a few string changes over the next few weeks, although we
> > will strive to keep them to an absolute minimum.  You will need to
> > complete all work by the listed date of 21 October (2007-10-21), subject
> > to change if there are slips affecting the overall release schedule[2].
> >
> > In the past we have included only finished release notes in the test3
> > release of Fedora, but that will NOT be the case for F8 test3.  Any team
> > that works on their release notes translation will have their work
> > included in F8 test3.  We would still like to include only finished
> > translations in the final version to emphasize the professional polish
> > of the distribution, but since I now have greater access to the
> > fedora-release-notes package in the distribution, we will be more able
> > to bring an update package into Fedora 8 during its cycle if additional
> > languages are finished by some deadline date on which we can jointly
> > agree.
> >
> > Reminder: the full fedora-release-notes package includes material from
> > the following modules:
> >
> Thank you so much giving us clear picture!
> Now I have a couple of questions, can I?
>
> * Should we need to update pot/po files for those manually?

I guess that depends on where you're getting them.  If I remember
correctly, I've updated all the new POT/PO in Docs CVS, so if you
normally pull your POT/PO directly from CVS, you should be able to just
"cvs up" to get the latest.  If you pull from the Damned Lies interface
at translate.fp.o, I believe that system automatically has the latest
POT/PO as well.

> * I've edited some LINGUS to include ja, then found that 'readme/' and
> 'readme-burning-isos/' have no LINGUS under po/. What to do?

I just fixed this problem as well; sorry for the inconvenience.