Self Introduction: Ryan Lerch

Murray McAllister murray.mcallister at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 04:11:31 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 1:10 PM, ryan lerch <ryanlerch at gmail.com> wrote:

> Full Name:
> Ryan John Lerch
>

> Location:
> Brisbane, Australia (UTC+10)
>
> Personal Goals for Fedora Docs:
>  My motivation for joining the fedora docs team is to learn more about
> fedora, tech writing and documentation toolchaining while being able to give
> something back to the community. However, I am a little unsure how I would
> like to (or can) contribute to the fedora-docs project. The first area that
> jumps out at me is the Desktop User Guide (?Fedora User Guide?)
>
> Historical qualifications:
> Other projects that I help out on are Inkscape (http://inkscape.org/) and
> The openclipart library (http://openclipart.org/) Over at Inkscape, I help
> out with writing docs and tutorials, bug triaging and responding to the
> question tracker. I finished my Bachelor of Information Technology majoring
> in Software Engineering and Multimedia in 2003. I'm a fairly new fedora user
> (< 12 months) so I hope i can provide an insight for other new users after
> making the switch to a free and open source operating system.
>

> GPG Details:
>  pub   1024D/82F6508F 2008-04-04
>       Key fingerprint = 267A 59E3 5044 F498 80D4  A7F1 6E2D DE67 82F6 508F
> uid                  Ryan Lerch <ryanlerch at gmail.com>
>  sub   2048g/4F81E62A 2008-04-04
>  ***************************************************************
>
> regards,
> ryanlerch
> ryanlerch at gmail.com

Hey Ryan,

Thanks for joining...I'm also in Brisbane.

Probably best to ask someone else, but I'm pretty sure you can
edit/add what you like to the wiki, and then that content is converted
to XML at the end.

Regarding the Desktop User Guide, there is a table of what is
happening at the bottom of the page:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/DesktopUserGuide

There is also an Admin Guide,
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/AdministrationGuide, which
at the moment is missing a few sections. The sections marked
"Edit-Ready" need someone other than the original person who wrote it,
go over it and make sure it makes sense, spelling, grammar etc. There
a guidelines for wiki editing here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/WikiEditing#MarkingTechnicalTerms

I'm sure someone else will have better ideas.

Thanks,

Murray.

pub   1024D/81B3FDEB 2007-09-19 [expires: 2008-09-18]
Key fingerprint = 4ED9 9907 5BF0 4132 2B46  20D1 C0C6 362D 81B3 FDEB
Murray McAllister (Fedora Docs Project / mdious) <murray.mcallister at gmail.com>
sub   2048g/B04CFA0C 2007-09-19 [expires: 2008-09-18]