moving content off of the draft wiki

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 12:00:57 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 5:02 AM, Murray McAllister
<murray.mcallister at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I think there are some great documents on /wiki/Docs/Drafts/, but
> these are hard to find:
>
> 1. <http://fedoraproject.org/>
> 2. Click "Docs"
> 3. I might be impatient, but I can't actually find the link to the
> drafts (I know it is there somewhere though)
> 4. phail :-)
>
> Ubuntu:
>
> 1. http://www.ubuntu.com/
> 2. support -> documentation
> 3. Admire pretty list of documentation that desktop users and
> non-Linux people probably want to know.
>
> openSuSE:
>
> 1. http://www.opensuse.org/en/
> 2. Click Discover it
> 3. Click Documentation (lots of clutter, but I found it easy to find).
> 4. Nice list of links. Looks pretty
> <http://en.opensuse.org/Documentation> rocks!
>
> It seems the Fedora process is too formal and too hung up on having
> 'professional documentation', that all the useful information gets
> left behind on wiki drafts where people aren't going to look. Maybe
> instead of the fedora admin guide , the drafts sections could be
> turned into mini howtos?
>
> Sorry if I sound grumpy :-)
>
> I would be happy to convert
> <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/AdministrationGuide/Permissions>
> to DocBook if it could be placed somewhere other than in the drafts
> section.
>
> Cheers.

I agree with you.

If somebody would be kind enough to put some instructions on where to
move pages from drafts page and maybe even create a "Guides" category
that would be on the mail fedora page I would put my time and efforts
info cleaning up drafts - putting some final finish on them.

For example look at this page:
https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=GPS_over_bluetooth_HowTo

How does this page look from technical and aesthetic aspects?

Cheers.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic