How should wiki work? (Please have patience with me)

Ian Weller ianweller at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 19:25:45 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 12:48:35PM +0100, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm still finding using wiki search a bit troublesome. For example
> just by poking around the wiki I found this page:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Docs_Project
>
> and there I saw even more great page:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/DesktopUserGuide
>
> When I typed desktop into wiki search I was immediately sent to
> "Desktop" page without search showing me other search results :(
> Is this the intended way the wiki should work? Because on this
> particular topic I would much more like to be taken to Desktop user
> guide than on this page:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Desktop
>
> Any comments?

One comment only: the wiki search is weird. We have some options.

1) Remove the 'Go' button from the search bar on the side, or make it
the non-default (clicking 'Search' would complete the search no matter
what)

2) Fix search by fixing every single wiki page title

"1" could be done somewhat quickly, I could write a patch for
Infrastructure at some point. "2" is what we're working on now.

--
Ian Weller <ianweller at gmail.com>                  http://ianweller.org
GnuPG fingerprint:  E51E 0517 7A92 70A2 4226  B050 87ED 7C97 EFA8 4A36