moving content off of the draft wiki

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Dec 4 05:06:27 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 10:51:58AM -0800, Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 09:49:33PM -0800, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 05:07:05PM +1000, Christopher Curran wrote:
> > >
> > > The real question is there anything to be gained by the present system
> > > over having all our documentation available from the
> > > http://docs.fedoraproject.org/ link. I can't see any real reasons. Have a
> > > look at the ubuntu docs page (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/) That's a
> > > pretty comprehensive set of links. We have most of those topics covered in
> > > our wiki but they aren't linked from our docs page.
> >
> > If you or anyone else creates a replacement for the docs.fp.org page
> > that links to all that content, I'll put it up straight away.  Here's
> > a good place to start drawing from:
>
> Have you made any progress on your idea?
>
> I'm going to do some simple updates to the front page, such as
> including the SELinux User Guide and deprecating some content.  If you
> have any other ideas, now is the time to enact them.
>
> Looking to stage changes to the site by Sunday 23 Nov 2359 UTC.

I'm still interested in doing these changes.  If anyone wants to put
together a plain text or simple HTML page that has all the documents
linked, etc., I can probably work with that.  Bonus points for
grabbing the source of the actual page via anonymous cvs and turning
in a patch.  Or just grab the index.php file itself and work with
that. :)

export CVS_RSH=ssh
export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous at cvs.fedoraproject.org:/cvs/fedora/web
cvs -z3 login    # press Enter for the password
cvs -z3 co web   # sorry, it's 357 MiB

http://quaid.fedorapeople.org/drop/docs-index.php

http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41