Todo for F9 User Guide

Matthew Daniels danielsmw at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 20:50:37 UTC 2008

So there's a few things to be done to have the F9 UG ready for
conversion to XML.  Most of these have been noted on https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User_Guide_tasks
  but I thought it would be good to list them out on the f-d-l as well.

Articles to be updated: KDE Guide, Xfce Guide, Media, Connecting to
the Internet, Accessing the Web, Communications, Office Tools,
Multimedia, Games, Photos, Desktop Sharing, Customizing the Desktop,
Managing Software.  The other articles may need to be touched up
stylistically; take a look at Eawest's revision of https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User_Guide-Financial_Software
  for a good example of the style we're looking for.  Additionally,
the GNOME desktop tour needs to be temporarily revised.  John
McDonough updated it for F10, which we can use when we get there, but
we need that intermediate F9 version as well.

I would like to see the guide almost entirely F9'ed by the beginning
of the hackfest so we can use that time to finish anything that's not
done, ship to XML, and then jump right onto F10.  If anyone can work
on an article, please feel free to do so and make a note of it either
on the UG tasks page, IRC, this list, or all of those so nobody gets
confused and tries to redo your work.

Happy holidays to all.

-- Matthew Daniels

PS: Karsten has been kind enough to set up a User Guide project on
fedorahosted.org (https://fedorahosted.org/userguide/).  Please use
this space to post request/suggestions/error tickets if you have any.