Re: Fedora howtos ?

On Sunday 03 February 2008 12:22:04 pm Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> > However, I do think that WiFi is the weakest aspect of Fedora,
> > and a clear document dealing with this is much to be desired.
>
> Are you willing to contribute and write a document to fulfill that
> desire?  That would indeed be on-topic.

Unfortunately, I lack the basic knowledge to write such a document,
though I would gladly help if anyone else was working on it.

Many years ago Jean Tourrihes wrote a great article on the subject,
<http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/>,
but sadly this is very out of date.
I haven't seen anything since then with anything like the same scope.

I'm pretty sure someone writing on the topic needs to know
how WiFi works at the lowest hardware level,
which I am completely ignorant of.

It has always seemed to me that one of the advantages of Linux,
as opposed to Windows, is that one can document a topic
from bottom up, explaining how the underlying hardware concepts
are implemented in applications.