Fedora howtos ?

Paul Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 01:49:24 UTC 2008

On Feb 3, 2008 8:50 AM, Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net> wrote:
> On Sunday 03 February 2008 12:22:04 pm Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
> > > However, I do think that WiFi is the weakest aspect of Fedora,
> > > and a clear document dealing with this is much to be desired.
> >
> > Are you willing to contribute and write a document to fulfill that
> > desire?  That would indeed be on-topic.
>
> Unfortunately, I lack the basic knowledge to write such a document,
> though I would gladly help if anyone else was working on it.

Tim,

It is a common misconception that you need to know all about something
to document it.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  You only
have to have a desire to document it.  Developers are almost
unanimously happy to impart knowledge to someone who's documenting
their work, as opposed to just trying to use it.  Documentation means
publicity, which leads to users, which leads to stomping bugs.

If you want this to happen, you can make it so.  Start an appropriate
wiki page and get in contact with the appropriate maintainers.  Rahul
may be able to help you find the right developer to, for example.
Best of luck and thanks for being interested enough to follow up this
far.

Paul W. Frields (sig-less)