FDSCo Meeting 2008-02-05 Summary

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Feb 6 19:54:43 UTC 2008

Remove this line, then fill in date above along with other details below

Attendees:
-----------
Robert 'Bob' Jensen (BobJensen)
Bart Couvreur (couf)
Karsten Wade (quaid)

* SingleSummary is the current moniker for the single-sourced release
summary that covers technical and community focuses for a release, to be
used in multiple locations.
  - Content is joint-ownership between Marketing and Docs
  - JonRob is leading the effort, working with Rahul
  - Still defining what we mean and how to do it

  ACTIONS
  * JonRob please meet with Karsten, Rahul on IRC to clear up
understanding of the goal and how we'll do it

* Installation Guide
  - Bob is meeting with Paul (current maintainer) to do a handover of
maintenance
  - Fedora Unity has a few folks interested in contributing to the
ongoing maintenance of this guide
  - More info by next meeting

  ACTIONS
  * Bob meet with Paul on Thursday, report IG plan and schedule to
f-docs-l

* Relnotes one-sheet for Alpha, Beta
  - Went out on time for F9 Alpha (thanks JonRob and Rahul)
  - In the future we need to freeze and convert to a static page for
linking to for days around a release.
    - Plan should include reverting to editable ASAP

  ACTIONS
  * Karsten to coordinate with JonRob to make sure we make these process
changes

* DUG and AG
  - Parts ready for editing

  ACTIONS
  * Couf to send f-docs-l a list of chapters ready to edit

* SMG
  - Parts ready for editing
  - Technical and wordsmithing editors needed

  ACTIONS
  * $EDITOR to work through converted SMG
    - Jared?

* Crypto Guide
  - Eric still adding parts to this guide
  - Looking for technical editors to help shape and finalize content

  ACTIONS
  * Docs Project contributor needed to help Eric
    - You?

* Meeting time
  - Need updates from John and Paul
  - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/SteeringCommittee/MeetingTimeMatrix
  - Possibly picking a new meeting time or two meeting times to alternate

  ACTIONS
  - Paul and John update the MeetingTimeMatrix page