Welcome Email

Jonathan Roberts jonathan.roberts.uk at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 29 10:57:55 UTC 2008

On 29/02/2008, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hey docs people!  I'm working on FAS2, its getting real close.  I was
>  wondering if someone would draft up what they want the welcome email to
>  say when people sign up for an account for the first time.  Something to
>  encourage them and help them through the process of what to do after the
>  cla is signed.
>
>  Joining the Fedora Project is like walking into IKEA the first time.  Lets
>  try to ease that :)

Urm...this is maybe a bit longer than you had in mind? But you might like it:

--------------------------

Welcome to the Fedora Project. Now that you've signed up for an
account you're probably desperate to start contributing, and with that
in mind we hope this e-mail might guide you in the right direction to
make this process as easy as possible.

Fedora is an exciting project with lots going on, and you can
contribute in a huge number of ways, using all sorts of different
skill sets. To find out about the different ways you can contribute to
Fedora, you can visit our join page which provides more information
about all the different roles we have available.

http://fedoraproject.org/en/join-fedora

If you already know how you want to contribute to Fedora, and have
found the group already working in the area you're interested in, then
there are a few more steps for you to get going.

Foremost amongst these is to sign up for the team or project's mailing
list that you're interested in - and if you're interested in more than
one group's work, feel free to sign up for as many mailing lists as
you like! This is because mailing lists are where the majority of work
gets organised and tasks assigned, so to stay in the loop be sure to
keep up with the messages.

Once this is done, it's probably wise to send a short introduction to
the list letting them know what experience you have and how you'd like
to help. From here, existing members of the team will help you to find
your feet as a Fedora contributor.

And finally, from all of us here at the Fedora Project, we're looking
forward to working with you!

Best wishes,

Jon