Re: jEdit

Tommy Reynolds wrote:
Uttered Karl Larsen <k5di zianet com>, spake thus:

Not on my computer F8 from a DVD load.

Karl,

Did you install the Sun Java or are you trying to use the GNU java
and classpath?  I don't think jEdit works with that.

Try installing the latest SUN jvm.  I've used jEdit like that for
years.

IcedTea is a derivative of OpenJDK which is Sun Java under a GPL+classpath license. If you are using x86 or x86_64, you get IcedTea as default in Fedora 8 and not GCJ.

Rahul