Re: commands as super-user

Karsten Wade wrote:
On Wed, 2008-01-02 at 22:43 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:

It is probably slightly impractical if you have say 10 commands
one after the other.

This is true and we haven't decided a best practice here.  The reason we
use 'su -c' is that avoids having to point to a sudo how-to.

Sudo might become default in the next release if more programs start using PolicyKit. So make sure you to keep a close eye on the development goals there before making any drastic changes to the conventions we follow.

Rahul