Self-Introduction: Eric Christensen

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Jan 4 17:39:20 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 17:01 -0500, Eric Christensen wrote:

> Eric H. Christensen
> Newport News, VA USA
> Information Assurance Analyst
> Honeywell Technology Solutions Inc

Welcome Eric.

Let us know (via this list) if you run into any issues with getting
signed up for accounts or figuring out what to do or where to go.

The carpenter's roof is leaking a bit, but we're working on it. :)

> * Your goals in the Fedora Project
>   o What do you want to write about?  Security mostly but I'll write
> about anything because it helps me learn!

That is very true.  You should have seen my security knowledge when I
started tracking SELinux development as a tech writer. :)

If you are interested, I think our in-progress Fedora Administration
Guide (AG) could use a fresh look at these two areas:

* Big view -- make sure that overall the document is consistent and
promotes good security practices that use Fedora-packaged solutions.

* Focused view -- what is missing?  Can we merge the SELinux content
into the AG?  What about all those blog posts from Dan Walsh?  What
other security content can we cover?

For example, we might want to link out to some nice explanations of e.g.
buffer overflows, such as the Uli Drepper video series:

http://developer.redhatmagazine.com/2007/10/26/uli-drepper-paying-attention-to-the-basics/

cheers - Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.