DUG Updates

Dan O'Brien dan at new2linux.com
Sat Jan 5 02:30:29 UTC 2008

<snip>

Marc,

It seems that you've gotten quite a bit done on the DUG. One thing I
can't help but notice is a lot seems to be Gnome specific (the
Customizing page for example). I'm a gnome user myself and try to steer
away from KDE myself but I'd be happy to fill in the necessary bits
tonight/tomorrow, but what about xfce? It's probably too late now, but
maybe in the next version of the DUG we should  have a section that
covers all the generic things (things that are the same across each of
the desktop environments) and branch off into 3 sections for everything
else, ie (and this is just an example):

generic content here
Gnome
  * customizing
  * working with media
  * etc
KDE
  * customizing
  * working with media
  * etc
Xfce

and so on down the line. This may make for an easier read as a user
could jump to the section covering their desktop of choice.

I'll get started on filling the missing bits, are their any requests? I
haven't seen any responses to the requests post Marc made a couple weeks
ago.