DUG Updates

Dan O'Brien dan at new2linux.com
Sun Jan 6 00:43:53 UTC 2008

Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-01-05 at 19:24 -0500, Dan O'Brien wrote:
>
>> Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:

>>> I don't have a working xfce install anymore since my other computer
>>> that uses it died.  I don't know what is in KDE either since I haven't
>>> used kde in ages.  I'll install xfce and go from there if you want to
>>> do the kde work?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Marc
>>>

>> All,
>> I've Updated the Customizing page with KDE specific things. Also I
>> adjusted the Managing Software with Pirut pages as well, to show how to
>> start Pirut in gnome and kde.
>>
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/DesktopUserGuide/Customizing
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/DesktopUserGuide/Pirut
>>
>> More updates soon
>> Regards,
>> Dan O'Brien
>>

> What other pages do you think need to be altered?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Marc

Games - I don't have any installed at the moment, so I'm not sure if
there are any Gnome / KDE differences, but the page does say "Default
Gnome Games"
Multimedia - All the menu drill downs seem to be gnome specific (eg. CD
Player "/Applications > Sound & Video > CD Player"/
Financial - Kmymoney still needs to be filled in ( I've never used the
financial software before, but I'd intended on installing it and filling
that bit in later)
Network - has a few Gnome specific menu drill downs on it as well.

None of these are huge things, but for completeness should be touched up.

Regards,
Dan O'Brien
//