Re: SELinux in guides [was: Self-Introduction: Eric Christensen]

On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 06:46 +0900, Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
> <snip>
> >
> > The best standard for this, which we declare for other guides, is to do
> > a completely default installation of Fedora and work from that.  The
> > default SELinux mode is Enforcing the targeted policy.  I find it useful
> > to do testing in a VM since it means I don't have to monkey with my
> > actual system configuration -- and in any case that would be a bad idea
> > since it's sometimes difficult to predict how the changes one has
> > already made would affect testing results.
>
> What do you use as a VM.  I tried VMWare and I don't really like it I'm
> not to sure what else is out there.  Also are there any docs to install
> the VM if you use a different kind?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Marc

I use qemu/kvm works quite well (XP is a little flaky but that's not
terribly suprising). Check
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Fedora8VirtQuickStart?highlight=%
28QuickStart%29

for help, that's all I followed to get stuff up and running. If you hit
a bump give a holler.. :D

-Jason